* The largest synagogue in the world is probably the Belz Great
Synagogue, in Jerusalem, Israel; whose main Sanctuary seats 6,000.
Construction on the edifice lasted for over 15 years.
* The next largest may be the Satmar synagogue in Kiryas Joel, New
York; which is said to seat "several thousand".
* The largest synagogue in Europe is the newly constructed Bratzlav
Center at the graveside of Rabbi Nahman of Bratzlav in Uman, Ukraine;
which seats up to 5,000.
* The Dohány Street Synagogue in Budapest, Hungary; which seats
3,000, and have and area of 1200 m˛ and height of 26 m (apart from
the towers which are 43 m).
* Temple Emanu-El of New York, a Reform Temple located in New York
City, with an area of 3,523 m˛, seating 2,500.
* Kehilas Yetev Lev D'Satmar (Williamsburg, Brooklyn); seating between
2,000 to 4,000 congregants.
* The Sofia Synagogue located in Sofia, Bulgaria, seating about
* Congregation Shaare Zion, an Orthodox Sephardic synagogue located
in Brooklyn, New York; which is the largest Syrian Jewish congregation
in New York City. It is attended by over 1,000 worshipers on weekends.
Aharon's Jewish Books and Judaica
600 South Holly Street Suite 103
Denver, Colorado 80246
Map to Aharon's Jewish Books and Judaica
Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 8 PM
Friday 9 AM to 1 PM
Sunday 9 AM to 4 PM